Welcome to the latest edition of our ‘Under the Hood’ blog series, where we meet the people who make New Zealand’s amazing IT industry tick. Last month we mapped out the role of a Solutions Architect, with the help of experienced Web Developer, Fred Macedo.
Today, we’re sitting down with Digital Transformation Consultant, Programme Manager and Business Architect, Mark Pinder. Mark has experience providing digital transformation solutions to businesses around the world, for his story, insight into the future of the industry, and advice for others looking to break into Project Management, read and watch on below.
Looking Under the Hood of an Agile Project Manager
Mark works as a Digital Transformation Consultant, Programme Manager and a Business Architect; three roles which combine to allow him to aid organisations looking to transform themselves to work in a digital environment. Across his expansive career, Mark has been involved in a massive re-platforming project for Vodafone NZ, and has helped an insurance company in the UK move into the banking sector.
This is an exciting time to be an Agile Project Manager and Mark has some strong words of wisdom for those in Programming, Analyst or Tester roles who are looking to move into Project Management. To learn more, watch the below video.
Keen to see more?
This is one video in a comprehensive series. For more insight and advice, check out our other Under the Hood videos below:
- The Role of a Solutions Architect
- The Life of a Finance Business Analyst
- Searching for the Future of Online Marketing
- A Global Career in Project and Programme Management
- CRM Consultancy – Customers and a Journey of Understanding
- The Future of Project Management
- A Career as a Security Specialist
- Sales in the Technology Industry
- Contracting Your Way to Success in the IT industry
- Not Just a Desk Job – Business Analyst
- How to be Successful in the IT Industry – Executive Insight
Keep an eye out for the next ‘Under the Hood’ blog, and get in touch if you think your role or career would provide valuable insight for others in the industry.