Welcome to the latest edition of our ‘Under the Hood’ blog series, where we meet the people who make New Zealand’s amazing IT industry tick. In our previous blog, we looked at Agile Project Management, with experienced Digital Transformation Consultant, Mark Pinder.
Today, we’re chatting to Emma Thomas who is a Digital Marketer who combines her skills in technology and marketing to deliver a seamless customer experience through OmniChannel Marketing. To find out more about building OmniChannel Marketing capability as well as the changes ahead for this industry, read on, and watch the video below.
Looking Under the Hood of a Digital Marketer
Emma has 15 years of experience in the digital marketing industry, where she creates effective digital roadmaps and transforms retail e-commerce websites. For the past seven years, she has succeeded in helping various retail businesses cross over to OmniChannel Marketing.
Emma believes it’s important to “keep learning and keep trying new tools to stay on top of your game. Just because you graduated with a degree and learnt a whole lot of stuff two years ago, it doesn’t mean that it’s relevant anymore. It’s really changing, really fast.”
OmniChannel Marketing is the next big megatrend in the digital marketing space, and is poised to have a huge impact for marketers who want to give people a distinctive customer experience. In the video below, Emma shares a valuable insight into what OmniChannel marketing is, and why it’s a crucial part of the future of marketing.
Keen to see more?
This is one video in a comprehensive series. For more insight and advice, check out our other Under the Hood videos below:
- The Transformation of Agile Project Management
- The Role of a Solutions Architect
- The Life of a Finance Business Analyst
- Searching for the Future of Online Marketing
- A Global Career in Project and Programme Management
- CRM Consultancy – Customers and a Journey of Understanding
- The Future of Project Management
- A Career as a Security Specialist
- Sales in the Technology Industry
- Contracting Your Way to Success in the IT industry
- Not Just a Desk Job – Business Analyst
- How to be Successful in the IT Industry – Executive Insight
Keep an eye out for the next ‘Under the Hood’ blog, and get in touch if you think your role or career would provide valuable insight for others in the industry.